The next chapter for Sitecore
This webinar took place on Tuesday, May 24 at 10:00 am ET / 3:00 pm BST (GMT+1)
What’s behind this investment and what does it mean for Sitecore (and Sitecore customers)? Is it an acquisition or a partnership? (Short answer: Both.) How does a private equity buy-out differ from vendor M&A?
Acquisitions are a fact of life in the software industry. However, reasons behind the acquisitions can be vastly different. With press releases giving away very little, and leadership team being restricted in what they can share by NDAs and the new company’s communication strategy, how do you figure out what the acquisition means for you, the customer?
In this webinar we will cover:
- The known details of EQT’s private equity acquisition of Sitecore.
- A review of Sitecore’s growth to a $1 billion valuation.
- Our evaluation of what Sitecore should focus on in the near and longer term.
- What does this mean for Sitecore customers, prospects, and partners.
- General history of WCM acquisitions and how they played out.
- Types of acquisitions: acquisition by competitor, private equity firm investment, venture capital.
- Understanding the reasons behind an acquisition: questions to ask the vendor and the service provider.
- How to respond: questions to ask internally and deciding on the way forward.